11/09/2006

square Fabrianos

Thanksgiving is around the corner - and in my little creative world, this means my winter holiday card crunch is in the next few weeks. I usually have my cards (made 100 last year) addressed by now (not) and designed by now (yes!).
This is my Thanksgiving card for family this year. For those family members whom we do not get to visit with due to travel distances I typically send a handmade card.
This card features a white slide mount with Distress Ink Pads applied DTP ('direct to paper'). The Aged Mahogany was applied first liberally, then I used Ranger's Cut n' Dry Foam (like a makeup sponge only softer and holds less ink) to blend this deep red hue with Antique Linen Distress Pad ink.
The printed Thanksgiving paper is from Flair Designs....I covered a lightweight coaster (these will be available in the store tomorrow - 20/$1.49; packaged neatly in a sealed, acid-free bag) with this fabulous paper and it provided just the right amount of weight to this square Fabriano notecard. Square size (4-3/4" square; envelopes are 5" square) will also be available starting tomorrow.
Remember, if you are doing a square card and paying that additional postage anyway, go ahead and make it dimensional. The thickness is disregarded for square cards since you are already paying USPS extra for the unique size. Just don't go over that two ounce mark in weight or you'll be slapping another stamp on.....just sayin'. (smiles!)
credits: card base: Fabriano; paper - Flair designs & ivory cardstock. Ink: Distress pads in Aged Mahogany and Antique Linen. Stamps: those cute snap stamps from Joanns.com ; buttons: Jesse James & 7gypsies; ribbon - dyed SU white in old olive reinker & h2O.

2 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Square cards AND coasters? I *need* those, Cindy! I'll be there. . . Love your Thanksgiving card!

Huntsville Garage Door Repairs said...

Looved reading this thanks