3/13/2007

Coaster hinges

product update: The coaster hinges are in but not listed - they will be counted (and quality control checked!) and packaged. Silver brads are still on backorder so the silver hinges will be available sans brads. Hopefully the wait will not be long. No time to work or stamp here as of late. A fraction of the new 7gypsies items arrived and must be listed asap. Graduation invites, bridal invites, and baby shower invites are in the cue - swamped you say? Yup - but much better than being bored for sure! Somebody asked me a few weeks ago what my dream job would be - and after much consideration I have concluded that my DREAM JOB would be: To run a kiosk at a mall from December 1st to December 24th that would specialize in wrapping holiday gifts!!! Seriously - call me nuts but I would love to do something like that one day. With no time to stamp this is the outside and inside of 2 identical cards I did a few weeks ago: Basic design is from the SU 2006-2007 catalog. Sentiment is from Verses Rubber Stamp Company; Chinese calligraphy - All Night Media; other images: Stampin' Up. Moss and cranberry cardstock, ribbon from SU; the Asian coins will be available in the store in a few days. Brown archival ink from Ranger; floral spray colored in with su markers: pretty in pink, ruby red, mellow moss. My Stampin' Up markers are fraying horribly. I purchase a new set every year - my current set is from July, 2006. The felt quality of the brushstroke tips is just not what it has been in years past...I resorted to ordering a bunch of Copic markers from A Muse Art Stamps, and the balance of my Copic marker needs from http://www.carpediemstore.com (thanks Otter~!) - they are 50% off retail currently! Copic markers are professional grade and will hopefully be an improvement over the SU marker disappointment. But, then again, the Copic ones are twice as much as SU (full retail)...like my mom said, 'most of the time you get what you pay for.' We'll see how Copic holds up - would love to hear of others' experience with the Copic brand if time permits.

2 comments:

K said...

beautiful card!

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous card. love the colors and that is such a great set