12/31/2007

5x8 notepad with surprise clasp

**I am working on the diagram for this notepad cover and hope to upload it later tonight or tomorrow with complete directions. It will be detailed to take the guesswork out for you, so I'm going to make it another post.** This notebook idea was originally from my friend Kookie. I adapted the measurements so it only uses one sheet of double-sided 12x12 cardstock quality paper! For these notebooks, which were a big hit for teacher gifts last year, I use a Basic Grey magnetic snap closure. One would adhere two magnets in their designated spots, and that would suffice to keep the flap closed. However, for this notebook, I only used one of the pair of magnets - the small, sliding-top tin serves as the second magnet! I also substituted a piece of Stampin' Up! Wasabi Green for the smaller flap, versus using the remainder of the Crate double-sided cardstock paper. Inside the tiny tin I enclosed small binder clips, something I always use. The tiny pen is perfect - I found these at Staples in colorful packs 10. This gift is for our neighbor (he's 10 years old) that brought in our mail, newspaper, and packages that arrived while we were out of town for the holidays. Having great neighbors like Kevin watching out for us makes a vacation more fun and less stressful - for sure - and he did an awesome job!! Thank you Kevin!! I used one Copic marker for the water - B41 powder blue. All other color details were a glittery finish from Copic Atyou Glitter pens, and got this idea from Debbie Olson in her post here - amazing! Again, the template will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow, and best wishes for an awesome 2008!! materials used: Lockhart Itty Bitty Fish, Crate Hopscotch, SU wasabi, white cardstock (Papertrey ink Stamper's Select) mini tin, Copic blue marker, Copic Atyou glitter pens, Nestabilities Petite Circles small & large, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, pen from Staples.

6 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

HOLY MOLY CINDY!!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!! That surprise clasp ROCKS!!!!!!!! I bow down before you, babe!

Carol (HB) said...

YIKES! Cindy, this is waaaaay KEWL!!! I love the little tin for the other half of the magnet. Genius. PURE genius!

Sharlene said...

Happy New Year, Cindy. I LOVE this! Can't wait for all the deets!

ChrissyM said...

WOW! This is amazing! Can't wait for the template and directions. I love it love it love it!!

Rose Ann said...

I love it, Cindy!! Awesome!!

Jana Weaver said...

What a fabulous idea! I love that clasp!! Beautiful work.