12/04/2007

simple snowflake

The snowflake image here is from Papertrey Ink's Snowflake Serenade set. Hectic holiday times often calls for simplicity...here is now I made this ever-so-simple holiday card: Start with a wide ribbon. I used 1.5" wide May Arts polka dot DD series in celery*. Fold down top of ribbon two times and sew directly to the card front. I actually ironed the ribbon folds in place first, as I did a bunch of these assembly-style. The series of tiered X-stitches is a style of topstitching available on my sewing machine. You can use any style top stitch you like and achieve the same thing. My five-year-old actually chose this topstitch style... :0) For the circle printing, my friend Kendra Weinstock introduced me to creating print within a circle format. Simple Scrapbooks has an article on this - Sept/Oct 2006 issue, page 100. There is a how-to written up here - please scroll down to Bob Buckland's post to 'B. for your circular text'. The circular text reads: "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." This quote is attributed to Hamilton Wright Mabie, and is one of my favorite quotes. Print out as many formatted circles onto white Papertrey cardstock as your margins allow. Stamp snowflake (I used Adirondack Lettuce) in center of text. Using a 1-3/8" circle punch, punch out all printed & stamped circles. Adhere each cardstock circle to a circular metal rimmed tag. Punch hole at snowflake center with 1/8" hole punch and insert gemstone brad. Adhere completed circle tag to ribbon on card front and violĂ ! Hope you have a warm and happy day!! It is icy cold here, and snowing!! materials list: Snowflake Serenade set & white cardstock - Papertrey Ink; May Arts ribbon; circle metal tag - Staples; Adirondack ink in Lettuce - Ranger; MM gem brad; sewing machine *this item is a special order through StarLitStudio. Please contact me directly.

5 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh I like it!

Sharon Harnist said...

Fabulous design, Cindy -- I love that ribbon and the circle text! Thanks for telling how to create the text -- I've often wondered how to do that!

Valerie said...

I LOVE this design, and that saying is getting written in my special quote book!

Rose Ann said...

I love this, Cindy! I love the ribbon with the sewing, and the way you did the sentiment on the tag!

christian louboutin said...

Juicy Couture Handbags help you achieve bold breakthrough and fun-filled life that is from Discount Juicy Couture