12/24/2007

vacation journal...now!

I made a photo journal of my kids for my mother for Christmas. Pics of her grandkids...I hoped for sure it would be a hit with her. So, I had extra prints made of select photos from the last few months, most of which included a family vacation we took in July. Great pics - beach, kids all had a little tan, smiles galore! I made the pages and did journaling - all in my handwriting. It really looked good. Now was time for the fun part - the journal cover! I had it set aside to work on Christmas Eve morning as my mom was set to come over around 1pm. Well, as you all can probably relate, time got away, and before I knew it...1pm was creeping closer - I had only a little time....I made myself sit down at my desk and immediately picked up this adirondack chair image from Lockhart stamps. I had been wanting to play and color with it, so I figured...why not!? It was a vacation journal and knew it would work perfectly. I love these BoBunny papers - so vintage and perfect for this - pulled Copic colored markers that coordinated with the papers. Stamped the image on a shipping tag with a Palette Noir pad - the tag had been swiped with Distress Antique Linen and edged in Distress Vintage Photo. I used Glaze pens over the Copic markers for the grass, flowers & flower centers. Added ribbon and a big Prima flower. It was done...and before mom arrived... And she loved it...and that's all that matters. :) Lockhart Adirondack Chair stamp; 7gypsies 5x7 journal, BoBunny papers; , Copic markers; shipping tag (staples.com); May Arts ribbon; Prima flower, big brass brad (staples.com), small black brads; Glaze pens.

3 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Way to go on the vacation journal. It is so eye catching and I think the chair is just inviting someone to come and sit and look and relax with a few memories......Ilove this journal.

Sharlene said...

Oh my gosh, what's not to love about this! I'm sure your mom will treasure this forever.

Anonymous said...

Great cover and fun beach feel! Love it!