1/20/2008

cherries paperweight

Functional and sweet! 2-1/4" diameter, clear, flat-backed, glass discs were found online here. If you are going to create a bunch of these having a 2-1/4" circle punch on hand makes these stress-free. But you can always trim the cardstock and cork easily by hand. Assemble materials. I punched the cork sheet too (or, you could use felt). Color in stamped image with markers. I added a touch of glitter with Atyou glitter pens from Copic. The whole image is outlined in BV31 to make the image 'pop'. If you use water-based markers or stamping ink for this technique they will bleed. Copic markers are alcohol based. Dispense a layer of Glossy Accents or other similar adhesive onto the glass disc back and using your finger smear completely over back of glass disc and adhere stamped image. I use an old, plastic card (or an old credit card) to squeegie/swipe out any air bubbles between the glass disc and the piece of cardstock. Finish sealing cardstock edges to glass disc using your fingers, and keep a few baby wipes handy to periodically clean your fingers and the glass. Adhere cork to the back with Glossy Accents and presto ~ instant gift! These also make excellent giant magnets - Adhere four classic-style magnets (Michael's Craft Store). Lockhart Cherries; white cardstock - Papertrey's Stampers Select; Copic markers & glitter pens; paperweight kit; Glossy Accents - Ranger; cork sheet (Michael's Craft Store).

6 comments:

ChrissyM said...

How creative! I love it! TFS!

Bevie Pearl said...

Amazing what you come up with. This is a gorgeous project.

Anonymous said...

I second that, you are always coming up with such neat little gifts for others and ourselves! Very pretty!

Taylor said...

This is gorgeous, Cindy! I love the idea of a paperweight! Now if only my coloring looked as nice as yours! :)

Laura Roth said...

I am new to your blog and I have to say....YOU ARE AWESOME! I hope you don't mind but I am adding a link to your site from my blog b/c I truly impressed with your crafty skillz :)
Thanks,
Laura Roth
http://craftylaura.blogspot.com/

Rose Ann said...

So beautiful and functional too! These would make such lovely gifts!!