1/20/2008

cherries paperweight

Functional and sweet! 2-1/4" diameter, clear, flat-backed, glass discs were found online here. If you are going to create a bunch of these having a 2-1/4" circle punch on hand makes these stress-free. But you can always trim the cardstock and cork easily by hand. Assemble materials. I punched the cork sheet too (or, you could use felt). Color in stamped image with markers. I added a touch of glitter with Atyou glitter pens from Copic. The whole image is outlined in BV31 to make the image 'pop'. If you use water-based markers or stamping ink for this technique they will bleed. Copic markers are alcohol based. Dispense a layer of Glossy Accents or other similar adhesive onto the glass disc back and using your finger smear completely over back of glass disc and adhere stamped image. I use an old, plastic card (or an old credit card) to squeegie/swipe out any air bubbles between the glass disc and the piece of cardstock. Finish sealing cardstock edges to glass disc using your fingers, and keep a few baby wipes handy to periodically clean your fingers and the glass. Adhere cork to the back with Glossy Accents and presto ~ instant gift! These also make excellent giant magnets - Adhere four classic-style magnets (Michael's Craft Store). Lockhart Cherries; white cardstock - Papertrey's Stampers Select; Copic markers & glitter pens; paperweight kit; Glossy Accents - Ranger; cork sheet (Michael's Craft Store).

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

How creative! I love it! TFS!

Bevie Pearl said...

Amazing what you come up with. This is a gorgeous project.

Conniecrafter said...

I second that, you are always coming up with such neat little gifts for others and ourselves! Very pretty!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

This is gorgeous, Cindy! I love the idea of a paperweight! Now if only my coloring looked as nice as yours! :)

Laura Roth said...

I am new to your blog and I have to say....YOU ARE AWESOME! I hope you don't mind but I am adding a link to your site from my blog b/c I truly impressed with your crafty skillz :)
Thanks,
Laura Roth
http://craftylaura.blogspot.com/

Rose Ann said...

So beautiful and functional too! These would make such lovely gifts!!

Cheap Nike Air Max said...

Nike Air Max
Air Max Nike
Air Max Shoe
Wholesale Nike Air Max 2009
air max 2009
Nike Air Max 2009
Cheap Nike Air Max
air max 90
Nike Air Max Shoes