2/14/2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Arturo cards are fine, luxurious stationary from Italy, available in delicious hues from Ellen Hutson, LLC. Here, I've paired lavender Arturo cards with a folk heart design from Lockhart that reminds me of the Pennyslvania Dutch influence I had while growing up. Where I grew up, near Kutztown, PA, hex signs were common on sides of barns. This image from Lockhart reminds me of that happy place from when I was young. :) By changing the sentiment, this design could be used for a wedding card, anniversary, thank you, or in my case - a Valentine's Day card! It is simple enough for mass production as well. To hide the seam of the lavender polka dot sheer ribbon, I adhered it first, meeting the ribbon ends at the front center of the card front and layering the oval pieces on top. The heart image was stamped with Palette ink in Noir Black, then colored with Copic markers. I used my fave BV31 pale lavender to outline the whole image to make it 'pop'. Image was then punched with a Marvy oval punch. The scalloped oval was punched with a Marvy scallop oval punch using Lavender Memory Box paper. Using a 1/16" hole punch I zapped the scallop oval at every loop, mounted layers with dimensionals. Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Diane Doran said...

Thanks for the tip on hiding the seam of the ribbon - I'll have to remember that! It's a lovely card.

Linda Carson said...

Very soft & elegant! LOVE IT!

Bevie Pearl said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so beautiful!

Jenn said...

Beautiful Cindy!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Great tip, and great card!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

How pretty !! Your style is so diverse and incredible ! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh sooo sooo pretty!! Love the coloring!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

BEAUTIFUL! WOW - and a version of my FAVE color! Just beautiful!