8/13/2007

coaster notebook

I gifted this coaster notebook to my 10yr old daughter. I have Valerie Stangle to thank for inspiring me to create this. Valerie sent me the most beautiful coaster book and coordinating card (image here) that totally inspired me to make one....and what Val says is true - they are fast and fun! To create this, I took 4" heavyweight chipboard coasters, covered them with Perfect Paper Adhesive (www.usartquest), which is a white, archival, clear-drying glue (think Elmers but archival), and stuck 4" squares of the Cheeky stripe to it. Smoothed out surface with an old credit card to rid the glue layer of trapped air bubbles & allow to dry (few minutes). Instead of trimming the rounded corners with scissors, I took a new emery board (Wal-Mart) and sanded the corners and sanded any overhang on the sides away - fast, a tad messy, but it yields nice, soft, neat edges and corners quickly. I stamped the cute birdie from Hero Arts onto a piece of white cardstock in Palette Black Noir pad, and again on pink MM Cheeky paper (it has a faint white design in it, adding interest to these little wings). Cut out wings on the pink paper and adhere to the stamped white image. Colored in image with Copic markers, blended, then punched out with a 2-1/4" circle punch (McGill). Adhere to jumbo metal rimmed tag (www.impressrubberstamps.com). Added strip of coordinating Cheeky tape, starting at the front center, wrapping around the back of the coaster. The seam is on the coaster front, which is then hidden by the jumbo tag. Assembled covers and pages (standard text weight/computer paper) and used the Zutter binder. Dang that Zutter is amazing!! You can get a Zutter and all the accessories at www.eclecticpaperie.com. Finished with a binder clip and a bow from my SU grosgrain stash. finished size: 4" square. Hero Arts Decorative Birds; Making Memories Cheeky paper & tape; Copic markers; large metal rimmed tag; circle punch; Zutter binding system.

5 comments:

Amy said...

This is adorable Cindy! I love it, the colors are perfect for a girl!

Amy

Beth said...

Oh Cindy - this is adorable!

Rose Ann said...

How adorable! I love those birds, Cindy! Awesome!

StampingBetty said...

L O V E , love, love it, so cute!

kathleenh said...

an adorable book! I'll have to give this a try with my rubicoil.